In 1898 Joe Manton began trading as a general building contractor in the Small Heath area of Birmingham. The firm grew and by the 1930’s Edward Manton had joined his father in the family run business.
Further years of hard work enhanced the organisation’s growing reputation and in 1956 the firm was incorporated to create the limited company we know to-day as E. Manton Limited. This company has continued to prosper and is now one of the leading regional building contractors in the Midlands area.
Although the members of the Manton family who founded the business are no longer with us the company still retains the values of a family company where customers and employees are treated with the same high respect.
In April 2013 the business moved from Saltley Road, Nechells into new offices (as shown above) in Birmingham Business Park.